Elizabeth Clendenning, Louise Griggs, Marilyn Johnson, and Melissa Brown (2) comprise The Alcott Ensemble.
Jean Redpath was undoubtedly the finest and most influential singer of traditional Scottish music when she made her groundbreaking seven-LP series of Robert Burns songs for the Philo label in the mid-'80s. In 1996 they were reissued on CD to commemorate the bicentennial of Burns' death. Both the original releases and the reissues would be cause for great celebration for lovers of this repertoire, except that the instrumental settings within which Redpath sings are rather idiosyncratic.
1 & 2 by Jean Redpath on your phone, computer and home audio system with Napster. Songs Of Robert Burns Vols. 1 & 2. Jean Redpath.
Artists Jean Redpath The Songs of Robert Burns, Volume 3 & 4. The Songs of Robert Burns, Volume 3 & 4 Jean Redpath. The Songs of Robert Burns, Volume 3 & 4. 1996. This album has an average beat per minute of 115 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 76/204 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist The Songs of Robert Burns, Volume 3 & 4.
Listen to Songs of Robert Burns Vol 5 & 6 now. Listen to Songs of Robert Burns Vol 5 & 6 in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Jean Redpath Tracklist. More Jean Redpath albums. The Songs of Robert Burns, Volumes 5 & 6. Show all albums by Jean Redpath.
|A2||My Collier Laddie|
|A3||O, This Is No My Ain Lassie|
|A4||My Nanie, O|
|A7||The Mill, Mill O|
|B1||O, Were I On Parnassus Hill|
|B2||The German Lairdie|
|B3||The Battle Of Sherra-moor|
|B4||Lament Of Mary Queen Of Scots|
|B5||You're Welcome, Willie Stewart|
- Mastered At – Frankford/Wayne Mastering Labs
- Recorded At – Resolution, Inc.
- Cello [Violincello] – Melissa Brown
- Chorus [Alto] – Deborah Felmeth Calhoun
- Chorus [Bass] – Bob Peskin
- Chorus [Soprano, Alto] – Lynn Shevitz
- Chorus [Soprano] – Susan Borg
- Chorus [Tenor] – Jim Lienau
- Composed By – Serge Hovey
- Double Bass – Rick Presson
- Flute – Ken LaRoche
- French Horn – Susan Kynkor
- Harp – Tina Tourin
- Mastered By – Tom Coyne
- Piano – Keith Jarrett
- Synthesizer [ARP 2600] – Bob Peskin
- Timpani – William Storandt
- Trumpet – David Brubaker*
- Viola – Marilyn Johnson*
- Violin  – Elizabeth Clendenning
- Violin  – Louise Griggs
- Vocals – Jean Redpath
NotesElizabeth Clendenning, Louise Griggs, Marilyn Johnson, and Melissa Brown comprise The Alcott Ensemble.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout): PHILO 1093 A MASTERING BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE NEW YORK ¢
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout): PHILO • 1093 • B