Format: Cassette, Album, DOLBY HX PRO B NR. Country: US. Released: 1992. Genre: Folk, World, & Country, Stage & Screen.
Album · 1992 · 11 Songs. Country Strong (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). Angels Are Hard To Find (From the Motion Picture "Gravity") - Single. Hank Williams, Jr. Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives! (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band. Dirty Dancing (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack).
wow, great country music by the Best Artist, George Strait.
The Pure Country soundtrack album was one of the first to feature George Strait songs from the pen of Jim Lauderdale, but it would not be the last. The legendary artist became enamored with Lauderdale’s retro-sounding style, as this co-write with John Leventhal became a critical piece of the Pure Country soundtrack puzzle.
PURE COUNTRY is the soundtrack to Strait's film debut, offering a variety of swinging shuffles, traditional honky tonk, weepy ballads and country rockers. He wears his influences proudly, and having been doing it so well for so long, he has, in turn, become a major influence on the next generation of new traditionalists. One can clearly hear Merle Haggard, Bob Wills and George Jones in his music; but give a listen to new guys like Clay Walker, and you'll hear a distinctive George Strait influence
Pure Country is the thirteenth studio album and the first soundtrack album by George Strait and to the movie Pure Country, and all songs are sung by George Strait. It was released in 1992 by MCA Records. It is Strait's most commercially successful album, having sold over six million copies Contents.
The 1992 film Pure Country tells the story of a country musician, Dusty Chandler (played by George Strait) who tires of the lifestyle of fame and the special effects of the shows that got him there. and finds romance in the process. The soundtrack contains 11 tracks sung by none other than the legendary George Strait himself, including the love ballad he sings to his love interest I Cross My Heart. The soundtrack contains 11 tracks sung by none other than the legendary George Strait himself, including the love ballad he sings to his love interest "I Cross My Heart".
The George Strait albums discography consists of 29 studio albums, three live albums, and eleven compilation albums by American country music singer George Strait. Of these albums, 36 have received a certification of at least Gold from the Recording Industry Association of America, and five reached N. on the Billboard 200. His highest-certified album is the 1992 release Pure Country, which is certified sextuple-platinum for .
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – John Bettis, Steve Dorff
|A2||Baby Your Baby
Written-By – Hal Newman, Phil Thomas
|A3||I Cross My Heart
Written-By – Eric Kaz, Steve Dorff
|A4||When Did You Stop Loving Me
Written-By – Donny Kees, Monty Holmes
|A5||She Lays It All On The Line
Written-By – Clay Blaker
Written-By – Kim Williams, Richard Fagan, Ron Harbin
|B1||Last In Love
Written-By – Glenn Frey, J.D. Souther*
|B2||Thoughts Of A Fool
Written-By – Mel Tillis, Wayne P. Walker*
|B3||The King Of Broken Hearts
Written-By – Jim Lauderdale
|B4||Where The Sidewalk Ends
Written-By – Jim Lauderdale, John Leventhal
|B5||Heartland (Main Title Sequence)
Written-By – John Bettis, Steve Dorff
- Acoustic Guitar – Pat Flynn (tracks: A2, A6), Randy Scruggs (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A5, B1 to B4)
- Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Steve Dorff
- Art Direction – Virginia Team
- Backing Vocals – Andrea Zonn, Curtis Young, Harry Stinson, Liana Manis
- Bass – David Hungate (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3, B4), Emory Gordy, Jr. (tracks: A2, A6), Glenn Worf (tracks: A4, A5, B2), Neil Stubenhaus (tracks: B5)
- Contractor – Patti Zimmitti
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – Jessie Noble
- Design – Chris Ferrara
- Drums – Eddie Bayers (tracks: A1, B3, B4), John Robinson (tracks: B11), Owen Hale (tracks: A2 to B2)
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Milan Bogdan
- Electric Guitar – Brent Mason (tracks: A4, A5, B2), Brent Rowan (tracks: A1, A2, A6, B3, B4), Dean Parks (tracks: A1, B3, B4), Steve Gibson (tracks: A3, B1)
- Engineer [Second] – Bart Stevens, Marty Williams , Russ Martin
- Fiddle – Glen Duncan (tracks: A2, A4 to A6, B2), RIchard Greene (tracks: B5), Stuart Duncan (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3, B4)
- Guitar – Dean Parks (tracks: B5), George Doering (tracks: B5)
- Mastered By – Glenn Meadows
- Mixed By – Chuck Ainlay, John Guess
- Photography By – Ron Phillips
- Piano – John Barlow Jarvis* (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, B1 to B4), Pat Coil (tracks: B5), Steve Nathan (tracks: A2, A6)
- Producer – George Strait (tracks: A1 to B4), Tony Brown (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Producer, Arranged By – Steve Dorff (tracks: B5)
- Recorded By – Chuck Ainlay, Steve Tillisch
- Recorded By [Overdubs] – Darren Smith , Doug Rider, Russ Martin, Steve Tillisch
- Steel Guitar – Buddy Emmons (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, B1 to B4), Doug Livingston (tracks: B5), Sonny Garrish (tracks: A2, A6)
|MCAD-10651||George Strait||Pure Country (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album, Club)||MCA Records||MCAD-10651||US||1992|
|MCAD-10651||George Strait||Pure Country (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-10651||US||1992|
|MCAC-10651||George Strait||Pure Country (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Cass, Album)||MCA Records||MCAC-10651||US||1992|
|MCASD-10651||George Strait||Pure Country (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCASD-10651||Canada||1992|
|MCAC-10651||George Strait||Pure Country (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Cass, Album, DOL)||MCA Records||MCAC-10651||US||1992|