Talk about coy: the Modern Skirts' second album indicates no label, nor does it identify the bandmembers - though the sketchy liner information does identify guest star producers Mike Mills (of . and David Lowery (of Camper Van Beethoven and Cracker). In place of liner notes, the insert features a series of willfully strange watercolor paintings. Whether they mean it ironically or not, the inclusion of mellotrons, vibraphones, "dah-dah-dah" and "oooh-aaah" choruses, and at least one guitar solo that seems to be quoting from the Willy Wonka song "Pure Imagination" ends up feeling kind of kitschy, and while it's all quite enjoyable, you come away wondering how much of your enjoyment was actually arch amusement.
Got it. + add. album. If you like Modern Skirts, you may also like: Yous by David Kitt. featured on Bandcamp Weekly Mar 13, 2018.
Modern Skirts was an alternative rock band based in Athens, GA. The band consisted of four members: Jay Gulley (guitar and vocals), JoJo Glidewell (guitar, piano, and vocals), Phillip Brantley (bass, guitar, and vocals) and John Q. Swint (drums). Style:MLA Chicago APA. "All of Us in Our Night Album.
The February 2008 issue of Q magazine featured a CD with a single from the then-upcoming All Of Us In Our Night, which was released in October 2008. During the summer of 2008 the band spent two weeks on a European tour, the highlight of which was opening for . in Amsterdam and Belgium. Modern Skirts' second EP, "Happy 81," was released in July 2010. Their third and final full-length album, "Gramahawk", was released in 2011, and a single, "Tennessee", in 2012.
Give Your Opinion on All of Us in Our Night. Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us. Bands:.
All Of Us In Our Night. Let us know what you think of the Last.
Seventeen Dirty Magazines. All of Us in Our Night. Catalogue of Generous Men. 2005. This Is Winning and Thinking.
- Copyright (c) – Happy Goes Upstairs Music
- Engineered At – The Music Shed
- Engineered At – Sound Of Music Recording Studios
- Engineered At – John Keane Studios
- Engineered At – DARC Studios
- Mixed At – Sound Of Music Recording Studios
- Mixed At – DARC Studios
- Mastered At – The Kitchen
- Clarinet – Adam Cohn (tracks: 4)
- Engineer – Ben Roberts (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9), John Keane (tracks: 10), John Morand (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 11, 12), Michael Seaman (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Asa Leffer (tracks: 1, 6, 8, 12)
- Lead Guitar – David Lowery (tracks: 6)
- Mastered By – Brent Lambert, Kevin Hering
- Mixed By – Asa Leffer (tracks: 6, 7, 8, 12), John Morand (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,9, 10, 11)
- Performer – Modern Skirts
- Producer – David Lowery (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 11, 12), Mike Mills (tracks: 10), Modern Skirts (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9)
- Trombone – Tyler Ginsberg (tracks: 4)
- Trumpet – 'Red' Cooper (tracks: 4)
- Vocals – Geoff Melkonian (tracks: 10), Mike Mills (tracks: 10)
- Written-By – Modern Skirts
NotesManagement: Troy Aubrey with Nomad Artists, Inc
Tour Management: Jason Ellis
Legal: David W. Prasse, PC//USA
John Cullen with Amongst Others//United Kingdom
Art and design: S.Phansavanh//sircle.net//ronenlife.com
PO Box 1186
Athens, GA 30603
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 844185011365
- Matrix / Runout: 07S18<89351>ALLOFUS
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L489
- Mould SID Code: IFPI VL12
- Rights Society: ASCAP