Frank Black is the first solo album from the American alternative rock musician Frank Black. The album was recorded in 1992 and released on 9 March 1993 via 4AD, after the breakup of the Pixies. The album was similar in style, both musically and lyrically, to the Pixies' last album Trompe le Monde. Frank Black was characterized by a focus on UFOs and science fiction. Two singles from the album-"Los Angeles" and "Hang on to Your Ego"-were released in 1993.
Band Name Frank Black. Album Name Honeycomb. 版公司 Cooking Vinyl Back Porch. 9. Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day. 10. Honeycomb. 11. My Life Is in Storage. 12. Atom in My Heart.
Frank Black has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants, and he unfortunately seems to know it. The man who brought you the Pixies and, by extension, the alternative rock boom of the early 90s, took four days out of his busy schedule touring with his triumphantly reunited old band to record in Nashville with such legendary session men as Steve Cropper and Spooner Oldham
Honeycomb is the tenth studio album by American alternative rock musician Frank Black, released in July 2005 on Back Porch Records. His first original solo work since 1996's The Cult of Ray, Honeycomb was recorded in Nashville, and features notable local session musicians, such as Steve Cropper and ex-Presley guitarist Reggie Young. 5 Notes and references.
Frank Black – Honeycomb. Label: Back Porch – 72434-77293-2-4, EMI – 72434-77293-2-4. Printed and manufactured in the USA. Published by Spime Songs (BMI) except: Track 13 published by Lone Child Music (BMI) Track 4 published by Spime Songs/The Monkey's Paw (BMI) administered by Spime Songs Track 5 published by Screen Gems/EMI Music (BMI) Track 9 published by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. BMI)/Dats My Boy Music (BMI), administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. Track 7 published by Gladys.
Honeycomb, 11. My Life Is In Storage, 12. Atom In My Heart, 13. Violet, 14. Sing For Jo. More albums from Frank Black: Face To Face by Frank Black. Christmass by Frank Black. Fast Man Raider Man by Frank Black. Black Session by Frank Black. Frank Black by Frank Black. The Cult Of Ray by Frank Black. The Black Sessions – Live In Paris – Plus The Kitchen Tapes by Frank Black. Teenager Of The Year by Frank Black. View all albums .
Leave it to Frank Black to have his cake and eat it, too: by releasing Honeycomb, his Nashville-recorded collaboration with session legends including Steve Cropper, Anton Fig, and Spooner Oldham, while his reunion tour with the Pixies continued, he could follow his bliss and please his longtime fans. Those who thought Black's later work sounded like the output of a bad bar band probably won't get Honeycomb either, but at least the reunited Pixies should satisfy their longings to hear him shriek about surrealism and incest like he did in the good old days. Yet, despite the homages to his influences, the musicians playing with him, and the very town in which the album was recorded, Honeycomb is one of Black's most intimate collections of songs, and the closest he's come to a traditional singer/songwriter solo album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||I Burn Today||4:05|
|4||Another Velvet Nightmare
Written-By – Frank Black, Reid Paley
|5||Dark End Of The Street
Written-By – Chips Moman, Dan Penn
|6||Go Find Your Saint||2:04|
|7||Song Of The Shrimp
Written-By – Roy C. Bennett, Sid Tepper
Vocals [Duet] – Jean Black
|9||Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day
Written-By – Doug Sahm
|11||My Life Is In Storage||5:38|
|12||Atom In My Heart||2:41|
|14||Sing For Joy||4:59|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Frank Black
- Copyright (c) – Frank Black
- Licensed To – Cooking Vinyl
- Recorded At – Better Songs And Gardens
- Mixed At – Hormone, Nashville
- Mastered At – Yes Master
- Published By – Spime Songs
- Published By – The Monkey's Paw
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music
- Published By – Douglas Sahm Music
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music
- Published By – Gladys Music
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Elizabeth Parr
- Bass – David Hood
- Design [Package Design] – Violet Clark
- Drums – Akil Thompson, Anton Fig, Billy Block, Chester Thompson
- Guitar – Buddy Miller, Reggie Young, Steve Cropper
- Harmonica – Jon Tiven
- Keyboards, Bells, Vocals – Spooner Oldham
- Layout [Package Layout] – Nora Hagerty
- Management – Ken Goes
- Mastered By – Jim DeMain
- Mixed By – Earl Drake
- Mixed By [Additional] – Dann Penn*, Jon Tiven
- Photography By – Michael Halsband
- Producer – Jon Tiven
- Recorded By [Additional] – Ben Mumphrey
- Vocals – Ellis Hooks, James Griffin
- Vocals, Guitar – Frank Black
- Vocals, Recorded By – Dan Penn
- Written-By – Frank Black (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 8, 10 to 14)
NotesStandard jewel case with clear tray including 8-page booklet (track 10, "honeycomb", lyrics, musicians names, credits),
see images section.
Recorded at Better Songs and Gardens, Nashville.
Mixed at Hormone, Nashville.
Mastered at Yesmaster, Nashville.
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 711297474121
- Barcode (Text): 7 11297 47412 1
- Label Code: LC 7180
- Price Code: WAG 329
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): COOKCD341 SP 70445 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LV81
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI KA06
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): COOKCD341 SP 70445 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LV81
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI KA03
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): COOKCD341 SP 70445 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI LU81
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI KA06
|72434-77293-2-4||Frank Black||Honeycomb (CD, Album)||Back Porch, EMI||72434-77293-2-4||US||2005|
|72434-77293-2-4P, 72434-77293-2-4||Frank Black||Honeycomb (CD, Album, Promo)||Back Porch, Back Porch||72434-77293-2-4P, 72434-77293-2-4||US||2005|
|72434-77293-2-4, 72434-77293-2-4P||Frank Black||Honeycomb (CD, Album, Promo)||Back Porch, Back Porch||72434-77293-2-4, 72434-77293-2-4P||US||2005|
|TECI-24292||Frank Black||Honeycomb (CD, Album)||Imperial Records , Cooking Vinyl||TECI-24292||Japan||2005|
|TECI-24292||Frank Black||Honeycomb (CDr, Album, Promo)||Imperial Records , Cooking Vinyl||TECI-24292||Japan||2005|