quinoxe (English: Equinox) is the fourth studio album by French electronic musician and composer Jean-Michel Jarre, released in December 1978 on the Disques Dreyfus record label, with license to Polydor. Jarre had developed his sound, employing more dynamic and rhythmic elements, particularly a greater use of sequencing on basslines. Much of this was achieved using custom equipment developed by his collaborator Michel Geiss.
Like its predecessor, Equinoxe is widely regarded as a classic within electronic music, which to date has sold around ten million copies. Stylistically Jarre carries on the underlying concept of Oxygene, creating a dreamlike musical universe built around melodic passages and futuristic sound experiments.
Jean-Michel Jarre Priveate Studio.
Jean-Michel Jarre celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Equinoxe album with a brand-new album Equinoxe Infinity with 10 atmospheric tracks! Who does not know the second album Equinoxe by Jean-Michel Jarre from 1978, which was the sequel to the legendary Oxygene album. As with Oxygene 3, JMJ continues with Equinoxe and has released this week Equinoxe Infinity. The album contains 10 brand-new tracks. After a few playing times I can say that I like the album. It’s very atmospheric and sounds very like a soundtrack from a movie. It is nice to note that Jean-Michel Jarre brought his typical sound.
Equinoxe Infinity is the sequel to Jean Michel Jarre's fourth album, Equinoxe, and comes nearly 40 years to the day the original was released. Using Equinoxe's artwork for inspiration, Equinoxe Infinity sees Jarre deliver a collection of modern electronica with references to his original work.
Jean-Michel Jarre . Album: Equinoxe Infinity. Equinoxe Infinity Jean-Michel Jarre. All about Jean Michel Jarre.
Jean-Michel Jarre has announced that he’ll release a new album later this year. It’s titled Equinoxe Infinity and is the sequel to Jarre’s 1978 album Equinoxe. It’s set to arrive on November 16 – almost 40 years to the day since the original album launched. The cover was designed by Filip Hodas, which puts a fresh spin on the original cover artwork.
|1||Equinoxe Part 1||2:25|
|2||Equinoxe Part 2||5:00|
|3||Equinoxe Part 3||5:09|
|4||Equinoxe Part 4||6:54|
|5||Equinoxe Part 5||3:54|
|6||Equinoxe Part 6||3:28|
|7||Equinoxe Part 7||7:06|
|8||Equinoxe Part 8||4:57|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Disques Dreyfus
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Francis Dreyfus Music (U.S.A.) Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Disques Dreyfus
- Copyright (c) – Francis Dreyfus Music (U.S.A.) Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Published By – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Recorded At – Jean-Michel Jarre Private Studio
- Mixed At – Studio Gang
- Manufactured By – Disques Dreyfus
- Pressed By – MPO
- Composed By, Producer – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Cover [Front Cover] – Michel Granger
- Engineer [Mixing Engineer, Assisted By] – Patrick Foulon
- Engineer [Mixing Engineer] – Jean-Pierre Janiaud
- Musical Assistance [Help], Technician [Development Of New Instruments] – Michel Geiss
- Photography By [Back Photo] – Charlotte Rampling
- Synthesizer [2600 ARP, AKS, VCS 3, Yamaha Polyphonic, Oberheim Polyphonic, RMI Harmonic, Korg Polyphonic Ensemble], Organ [Elka 707, Eminent], Sequencer [ARP Sequenzer, Oberheim Digital Sequenzer, Matrisequenzer 250], Keyboards [RMI Keyboard Computer], Mellotron, Vocoder [E.M.S.] – Jean-Michel Jarre
Jean Michel Jarre Equinoxe
Back tray insert & booklet:
℗ 1978 ©1978 Disques Dreyfus for the world outside the United States of America
℗ 1978 © 1978 Francis Dreyfus Music (USA) Inc. for the United States of America
Printed in France
Jean-Michel Jarre Equinoxe
Recorded at Jean-Michel JARRE private studio on MCI-STUDIO EQUIPMENT and mixed at GANG studios, Paris from January to August 1978.
Jean-Michel Jarre Equinoxe
Made in France
Copyright © by Francis Dreyfus Music ℗ 1978 Disques Dreyfus
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: none
- Price Code: PY 920
- Rights Society (Logo): SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
- Matrix / Runout: DCO 2000 MPO 01.
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code: none
|FDM 83150||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 83150||France||1978|
|PD-1-6175, 2310 636||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (LP, Album)||Polydor, Polydor||PD-1-6175, 2310 636||US||1978|
|LK 57384||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album)||PGP RTB, Polydor||LK 57384||Yugoslavia||1978|
|DMC 2000||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||DMC 2000||France||Unknown|
|FDM 40.83150, FDM 40-83150||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||FDM 40.83150, FDM 40-83150||France||1978|