I Still Do is the twentieth studio album by English musician Eric Clapton, and was released through the independent Bushbranch Records/Surfdog Records label. The album is a combination of new material written by Clapton and classic songs, contemporary tunes and influences interpreted in his own style. The album was produced by Glyn Johns who had worked with Clapton on Slowhand (1977) and Backless (1978).
February 18, 2016) – Music legend Eric Clapton has reunited with famed producer Glyn Johns for his forthcoming 23rd studio album I Still Do, set for release on May 20, 2016 on his Bushbranch Records/Surfdog Records. Clapton and Johns – who has also produced albums for The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Who – most famously worked together on Clapton’s iconic Slowhand album, which is RIAA-certified 3x-platinum and topped charts globally. The 12-track record includes some original songs written by Clapton. This album follows his last release, the 2014 chart-topping Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze, An Appreciation of JJ Cale. This was a long and overdue opportunity to work with Glyn Johns again, and also, incidentally, the fortieth anniversary of 'Slowhand'! said.
Eric Clapton will release his 23rd album, I Still Do, on May 20. The 12-track LP marks his first record with producer Glyn Johns since 1977's classic Slowhand and the following year's Backless. I Still Do will be Clapton's first album since 2013's Old Sock, a mostly covers album that made it to No. 7 in the .
England’s Eric Clapton is perhaps one of the most renowned Blues/Rock guitarists of all-time. I Still Do is a smooth and mellow album. It is handmade music with a touch of Blues and a whole lot of soul. I Still Do is an album that will never tire as the musical selections by Clapton are timeless classics.
Music legend Eric Clapton has reunited with famed producer Glyn Johns for his forthcoming 23rd studio album I Still Do, set for release on May 20, 2016 on his Bushbranch Records/Surfdog Records.
Eric Clapton – I Still Do. Legendary guitarist releases a low stakes bunch of tunes, including a mysterious guest. To be fair, Clapton was never known for either mind-blowing songwriting or genre-busting experimentation. The title of his new album, could stand in for a reminder that he still does remember how to play the guitar, in case you’d forgotten - and, really, that’s what you’re listening for. It goes straight from his heart to his fingers, producer Glyn Johns explained of Clapton’s playing in a recent interview.
Such mellowed good vibes are the calling card of I Still Do, which otherwise proceeds along the same path Clapton's records follow in the 21st century: he blends covers of well-worn blues standards with a couple of . Cale tunes, a few old pop standards, a Bob Dylan chestnut, and original songs that draw upon aspects of all of.
Or consider a donation? Warm On a Cold Night.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Alabama Woman Blues
Written-By – Leroy Carr
|2||Can't Let You Do It
Written-By – JJ Cale*
|3||I Will Be There
Acoustic Guitar, Vocals – Angelo Misterioso*Written-By – John O'Kane, Paul Brady
Written-By – Andy Fairweather Low*, Eric Clapton, Simon Climie
|5||Catch The Blues
Written-By – Eric Clapton
Written-By – Skip James
|7||Little Man, You've Had A Busy Day
Written-By – Al Hoffman, Mabel Wayne, Maurice Sigler
|8||Stones In My Passway
Written-By – Robert Johnson
|9||I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
Written-By – Bob Dylan
|10||I'll Be Alright
Written-By – Traditional
Written-By – JJ Cale*
|12||I'll Be Seeing You
Written-By – Irving Kahal, Sammy Fain
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Records
- Record Company – Universal Music Operations Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Novodisc Mídia Digital Ltda.
- Licensed From – Universal Music International Ltda.
- Recorded At – British Grove
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Mastered At – BGM Mastering
- Designed At – Drama 3/4 Productions
- Published By – Universal Music Corporation
- Published By – Really Crazy Mamas Music
- Published By – Ten Ten Music Group
- Published By – Warner Bros. Inc.
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Published By – Hornall Brothers Ltd
- Published By – SimonClimieSongs
- Published By – Kobalt
- Published By – Wynwood Music Co. Inc.
- Published By – Al Hoffman Songs Inc.
- Published By – Universal - Polygram International Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Standing Ovation
- Published By – Encore Music
- Published By – Dwarf Music
- Published By – Fain Music Co.
- Published By – The New Irving Kahal Music Company
- Made By – Novodisc – 44611
- Accordion, Mandolin, Backing Vocals – Dirk Powell
- Art Direction, Design – Catherine Roylance
- Artwork [Artwork Technician] – Matthew Gordon
- Backing Vocals – Michelle John*, Sharon White
- Double Bass, Electric Bass – Dave Bronze
- Drums, Percussion – Henry Spinetti
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals – Andy Fairweather Low*
- Engineer – Glyn Johns, Martin Hollis
- Engineer [Assistant] – Rowan McIntosh
- Guitar, Tambourine, Vocals – Eric Clapton
- Keyboards – Chris Stainton, Walt Richmond
- Keyboards, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Simon Climie
- Layout [Art Layout] – Brice Beckham
- Management [Eric Clapton's Office] – Bushbranch Limited*, Cecil Offley, Jaqui Lang, Michael Eaton, Nigel Carroll
- Management [Press] – Kristen Foster
- Management [Surfdog] – Dave Kaplan, Kristen Carranza, Scott Seine
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mastered By [Vinyl Mastering] – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Glyn Johns
- Organ [Hammond Organ], Backing Vocals – Paul Carrack
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Sir Peter Blake*
- Percussion – Ethan Johns
- Photography By – Catherine Roylance, Craig Stecyk, Getty Images, Nick Roylance, The Poetry Collection of the University Libraries, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York*, Simon Whitehead, South Dakota State Historical Society, The Klemantaski Collection, Universal Music Archives
- Producer – Glyn Johns
- Producer [Pre-Production Assistance] – Simon Climie
NotesAs on front sticker:
"I STILL DO"
Released in a 3-panel fold-out cardboard sleeve with photos and credits inside and with a insert booklet/poster with 3x2-panel and 12-page with many photos in one side and an unique painting in the other side.
[on back sleeve and cd label]
© & ℗ 2016 Polydor Records, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Produzido por NovoDisc Mídia Digital Ltda.
sob licença de Universal Music International Ltda.
[on inside cardboard sleeve]
Recorded at British Groove, London, UK
Mastered at Gateway Mastering Studios
Vinyl Mastering at BGM Mastering
1. Published by: Universal Music Corporation (ASCAP)
2., 11. Published by: Really Crazy Mama's Music (BMI)
3. Published by: Ten Ten Music Group (ASCAP) and Warner Bros Inc. (ASCAP)
4. Published by: Unichappell Music Inc. (BMI), Hornall Brothers Ltd (BMI), and SimonClimieSongs/Kobalt (ASCAP)
5. Published by: Unichappell Music Inc. (BMI)
6. Published by: Wynwood Music Co. Inc. (BMI)
7. Published by: Al Hoffman Songs Inc. (ASCAP) and Universal - Polygram International Publishing Inc. (ASCAP)
8. Published by: Standing Ovation and Encore Music (SESAC)
9. Published by: Dwarf Music (SESAC)
12. Published by: Fain Music Co. (ASCAP) and The New Irving Kahal Music Co. (ASCAP)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 02547 86177 1
- Barcode (Scanned): 602547861771
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: SESAC
- Label Code: LC00309
- Matrix / Runout: |#| NOVODISC CD |#| 060254786177 44611
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LG81
- Mould SID Code: IFPI T302
- Other (Batch ID): AA0005000
- Other (Batch ID [Disc]): AA5000
|51266-1||Eric Clapton||I Still Do (2x12", Album, 180)||Bushbranch Records, Surfdog Records||51266-1||US||2016|
|51266-1, 4786366||Eric Clapton||I Still Do (2xLP, Album, 180)||Bushbranch Records, Surfdog Records, Polydor||51266-1, 4786366||Europe||2016|
|4786177, 00602547861771||Eric Clapton||I Still Do (CD, Album, Tri)||Polydor, Polydor||4786177, 00602547861771||Europe||2016|
|4605026716483||Eric Clapton||I Still Do (CD, Album)||Surfdog Records, Bushbranch Records, Polydor||4605026716483||Russia||2016|
|51279-2||Eric Clapton||I Still Do (CD, Album)||Bushbranch Records, Surfdog Records||51279-2||US||2016|