Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding (1994).
The Bleeding is the fourth studio album by American death metal band Cannibal Corpse, released in 1994 through Metal Blade Records. It is the last album featuring singer and founding member Chris Barnes and is the first album featuring guitarist Rob Barrett. According to Soundscan numbers, The Bleeding is the fifth top-selling death metal LP in the United States, amassing over 98,300 copies sold. The Bleeding is also Cannibal Corpse's most successful album to date.
The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse, released 12 April 1994 1. Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead 2. Fucked With A Knife 3. Stripped, Raped, And Strangled 4. Pulverized 5. Return To Flesh 6. The Pick Axe Murders 7. She Was Asking For It 8. The Bleeding 9. Force Fed Broken Glass 10. An Experiment In Homicide 11. The Exorcist (Bonus Track). Soullybeeper Classic record by a classic band.
The Bleeding is also Cannibal Corpse‘s most successful album to date, and their first entry on the Billboard charts. A video was made for the song Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead. The album is also notable for a much more technical approach for the guitar work, and a more prominent bass. The original 1994 cover art, a departure for a Cannibal Corpse album, appeared to depict a tapestry of raw flesh and muscle, rather than it featuring graphic violence. The uncensored cover art for the 2006 reissue, however, reveals the original artwork was merely a part of a greater whole. In reissue artwork, a man is standing in an intimate gathering of zombies, with an expression of ecstasy on his face. The Bleeding is also Cannibal Corpse’s most successful album to date.
The Bleeding (CD, Album). CDZORRO 67. UK & Europe. The Bleeding (CD, Album). The Bleeding (Cass, Album). Globus International. The Bleeding (Cass, Album, Promo).
|1||Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead||3:30|
|2||Fucked With A Knife||2:16|
|3||Stripped, Raped And Strangled||3:27|
|5||Return To Flesh||4:21|
|6||The Pick-Axe Murders||3:04|
|7||She Was Asking For It||4:34|
|9||Force Fed Broken Glass||5:03|
|10||An Experiment In Homicide||2:38|
- Recorded At – Morrisound Studios
- Mixed At – Morrisound Studios
- Mastered At – Fullersound
- Distributed By – Rough Trade Distribution – RTD GAS 211. 30672
- Distributed By – Music For Nations
- Marketed By – Music For Nations
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Metal Blade Records
- Copyright (c) – Metal Blade Records
- Pressed By – Mayking Records
- Glass Mastered At – PDO, UK – 10276841
- Artwork [Cover Art By] – Vincent Locke
- Bass – Alex Webster
- Design – Brian J Ames
- Drums – Paul Mazurkiewicz
- Guitar – Jack Owen, Rob Barrett
- Photography By – Frank White , Joe Giron
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Engineer, Mastered By, Producer – Scott Burns
- Vocals, Lyrics By – Chris Barnes
NotesRecorded and mixed at Morrisound Recording, Tampa, FL, from November 12, 1993 to December 3, 1993
Mastered at Fullersound
(The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws)
Washington, DC 20009
(P) (C) 1994 Metal Blade Records
Made in England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 020083 106722
- Barcode (String): 5020083106722
- Matrix / Runout: 10276841 01 & MAYKING RECORDS CDZORRO67
- Label Code: LC 5661
- Other (Distribution Code France): BM 650
- Other (The National Organization For The Reform Of Marijuana Laws): N.O.R.M.L.
|3984-14037-2||Cannibal Corpse||The Bleeding (CD, Album)||Metal Blade Records||3984-14037-2||US||1994|
|VICP-60073||Cannibal Corpse||The Bleeding (CD, Album, RE)||Metal Blade Records||VICP-60073||Japan||1997|
|3984-14037-4||Cannibal Corpse||The Bleeding (Cass, cen)||Metal Blade Records||3984-14037-4||Canada||1994|
|3984-14037-2||Cannibal Corpse||The Bleeding (CD, Album, Club)||Metal Blade Records||3984-14037-2||US||1994|
|MASS 0090||Cannibal Corpse||The Bleeding (Cass, Album)||Metal Mind Records||MASS 0090||Poland||1994|