Beethoven: Piano Concertos Nos. 1-5. (Digital Download - Teldec Overview . . But Harnoncourt's weirdest choice was Aimard. A clean, fast, and linear player with an uninflected and almost characterless piano style, Aimard is anything but the protagonist in Beethoven's inherently dramatic concertos. While Aimard is superb with Boulez's Ensemble InterContemporain, he is a fish out of water in the Beethoven concertos and Harnoncourt's bizarre interpretations are no help. This is not worth hearing.
These performances are taken from concerts in Vienna and Graz in 2000 and 2001, all with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe.
Beethoven : Piano Concertos Nos 1 - 5. Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Nikolaus Harnoncourt & Chamber Orchestra of Europe. See Terms and Conditions for important information about costs that may apply for the MP3 version in case of returns and cancellations. 2 people found this helpful.
Album · 1996 · 18 Songs. Beethoven: Piano Concertos No. -5 András Schiff. Chamber Orchestra of Europe & Nikolaus Harnoncourt. Mahler: Symphony No. 5. Chicago Symphony Orchestra & Daniel Barenboim. Dvorák: Piano Concerto & the Golden Spinning Wheel. Nikolaus Harnoncourt & Pierre-Laurent Aimard. Nikolaus Harnoncourt - Schubert: The Symphonies. Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra & Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
Beethoven : Piano Concertos Nos 1 - 5, an album by Ludwig van Beethoven, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Chamber Orchestra of Europe on this site. By Ludwig van Beethoven, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Chamber Orchestra of Europe. 1. Beethoven : Piano Concerto N. in B flat major O. 9 : I Allegro con brio - Pierre-Laurent Aimard, 15:330:30. 2. 9 : II Adagio - Pierre-Laurent Aimard, 9:050:30. 3. 9 : III Rondo - Allegro molto - Pierre-Laurent Aimard, 6:280:30. 4. in D major O. 5 : I Allegro con brio - Pierre-Laurent Aimard, 19:130:30
Pierre-Laurent Aimard again conquers the iconic keyboard repertoire by Johann Sebastian Bach after his hugely successful The Art of Fugue recording 2008. Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier I. 2013. Pierre-Laurent Aimard performs George Benjamin’s Duet for Piano and Orchestra with the Mahler Chamber Orchestra. Pierre-Laurent Aimard celebrates the 150th anniversary of Debussy with a complete recording of the Préludes on a single disc. Debussy: Préludes Books 1 & 2. 2011. by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Chamber Orchestra of Europe and Pierre-Laurent Aimard. Mozart: Piano Concertos 6, 15 & 27. 2005. by Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Elliott Carter and Maurice Ravel. Beethoven: Piano Concertos Nos. 2003. by Claude Debussy and Pierre-Laurent Aimard.
Pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard is renowned as an interpreter of 20th-century music, as in Messiaen and Ligeti. With typical counterintuitive élan, conductor Nikolaus Harnoncourt chose Aimard for a new-minted approach to these oft-recorded works. Comparisons between this release and Rattle's 1999 EMI set with Vienna and the august Alfred Brendel are instructive. Aimard's recorded sound is upfront and incisive; Brendel's is more integrated and "golden. The Viennese offer the grandly beautiful option, while the Chamber Orchestra of Europe is a lithe, excitable creature
This page lists all recordings of Piano Concertos Nos. 1-5 by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Release Date: 14th Oct 2013. Gidon Kremer & Pierre-Laurent Aimard. Chamber Orchestra of Europe, Nikolaus Harnoncourt. Another absorbing set, with Nikolaus Harnoncourt bringing his impeccable, d sensibilities to the modern instruments of the Chamber Orchestra of Europe. James Longstaffe, Presto Classical More.
Fantasia In C Minor For Piano, Chorus And Orchestra, O. 0 "Choral Fantasy". Orchestra – Chamber Orchestra Of Europe. Photography By – Thierry Cohen. Piano – Pierre-Laurent Aimard. Producer – Friedemann Engelbrecht. Recorded By – Teldex Studio, Berlin.
|Piano Concerto No. 2 In B Flat Major, Op. 19||(31:10)|
|1-1||Allegro Con Brio||15:35|
|1-3||Rondo: Allegro Molto||6:28|
|Piano Concerto No. 1 In C Major, Op. 15||(39:14)|
|1-4||Allegro Con Brio||19:13|
|Piano Concerto No. 3 In C Minor, Op. 37||(37:50)|
|2-1||Allegro Con Brio||17:58|
|Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, Op. 58||(35:27)|
|3-2||Andante Con Moto||5:28|
|Piano Concerto No. 5 In E Flat Major, Op. 73||(39:42)|
|3-5||Adagio Un Poco Moto||7:33|
|3-6||Rondo: Allegro Ma Non Troppo||10:56|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Classics
- Copyright (c) – Warner Classics
- Copyright (c) – Musical Heritage Society, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Recorded At – Stefaniensaal, Graz
- Recorded At – Wiener Musikverein
- Recorded By – Teldex Studio, Berlin
- Published By – G. Henle Verlag
- Booklet Editor – Christian Müller
- Composed By – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Conductor – Nikolaus Harnoncourt
- Coordinator [Production] – Martina Gottschau
- Design [Graphic Assistant] – Delphine Gauly
- Design [Graphic Design] – Thierry Cohen
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Bernhard Gütter (tracks: 2-1 to 2-3), Philipp Knop (tracks: 1-1 t0 1-3, 3-1 to 3-6), René Möller (tracks: 1-4 to 2-3)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Julian Schwenkner (tracks: 1-4 to 3-6), Martin Aigner (tracks: 2-1 to 2-3), René Möller (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3)
- Engineer [Recording] – Michael Brammann
- Liner Notes – Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Wolfgang Sandberger
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Roger Clement*
- Orchestra – Chamber Orchestra Of Europe*
- Photography By – Marco Borggreve
- Piano – Pierre-Laurent Aimard
- Producer [Recording] – Friedemann Engelbrecht
- Production Manager [Project Manager] – Lee Woollard
Concerto No. 1: Stefaniensaal, Graz, 23-26 June 2001.
Concerto No. 2: Musikverein, Vienna, 21-23 November 2001.
Concerto No. 3: Stefaniensaal, Graz, 28-30 June 2000.
Concerto No. 4: Stefaniensaal, Graz, 26-28 June 2002.
Concerto No. 5: Stefaniensaal, Graz, 21-24 June 2002.
℗ & © 2003 Warner Classics
© 2004 Musical Heritage Society, Inc.
Made in the USA.
Total Time, Compact Disc 1: 70:24
Total Time, Compact Disc 2: 37:50
Total Time, Compact Disc 3: 75:09
Three CDs packaged in a multi-chambered "fat box" black-trays jewel case along with a 16 page booklet (stapled) with notes in English.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 1779-47397-2 5
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): 53739751 2R 01 Y
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L241
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): 53739752 2R 01
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI L241
- Matrix / Runout (CD3): 53739753 3N 01 X
- Mastering SID Code (CD3): IFPI L250
- Mould SID Code (CDs 1, 2, 3): IFPI 4121
- SPARS Code (CDs 1, 2, 3): DDD
|0927 47334-2||Beethoven*, Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Chamber Orchestra Of Europe*, Nikolaus Harnoncourt||Beethoven*, Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Chamber Orchestra Of Europe*, Nikolaus Harnoncourt - Piano Concertos Nos. 1-5 (3xCD, Album)||Teldec Classics||0927 47334-2||Europe||2003|