Piano, Vocals – Tom Waits. Saxophone – Frank Vicari. Trumpet – Jack Sheldon. Written-By – Tom Waits (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9). Notes. Originally released in September, 1977. Foreign Affairs (LP, Album). Asylum Records, Asylum Records.
Every performance on this album was recorded simultaneously with the orchestra in the studio with no overdubbing or multi-tracking; and was mixed directly to the 2-track master tape as it was being performed. Recorded July 28, August 2, 11, 12, 15, 1977; at Filmways/Heider Recording, Hollywood.
Foreign Affairs is the fourth studio album by Tom Waits, released in 1977 on Elektra Entertainment. It was produced by Bones Howe, and featured Bette Midler singing a duet with Waits on "I Never Talk to Strangers". For the album cover Waits wanted to convey the film-noir mood that coloured so many of the songs. Veteran Hollywood portraitist George Hurrell was hired to shoot Waits, both alone and in a clutch with a shadowy female whose ring-encrusted right hand clamped a passport to his chest. The back-cover shot of Tom was particularly good, casting him as a slicked-back hoodlum-half matinee idol, half hair-trigger psychopath Track listing. All tracks written by Tom Waits, except where noted. Production - Bones Howe, the album's producer, remembers the album's original. This article is about the album by Tom Waits. For other uses, see Foreign affairs (disambiguation). 1977 studio album by Tom Waits.
Album Name Foreign Affairs. Labels Elektra Records. Members owning this album8. 3. I Never Talk to Strangers (avec Bette Midler).
By: Tom Waits (1977, Jazz). More albums from Tom Waits: Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me Yet by Tom Waits. One From The Heart – The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Of Francis Coppola’s Movie by Tom Waits. Mississippi Lad by Tom Waits. Night On Earth (Original Soundtrack Recording) by Tom Waits. A Conversation With Tom Waits by Tom Waits. Bad As Me by Tom Waits. Small Change by Tom Waits. Franks Wild Years by Tom Waits. View all albums . Foreign Affairs. By: Tom Waits (1977, Jazz).
Слушайте Tom Waits (Foreign Affairs и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистрации. Medley: Jack & Neal/California, Here I Come (Foreign Affairs 1977) - Tom Waits. 07. Burma-Shave - Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs 1977. A Sight For Sore Eyes - Tom Waits (Foreign Affairs, 1977). 06. Potter's Field - Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs 1977. Potter's Field - Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs (1977). 02 Muriel - Tom Waits 1977 Foreign Affairs. Muriel - Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs (1977). I Never Talk To Strangers - Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs (1977).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||I Never Talk To Strangers
Featuring [Co-Starring] – Bette Midler
|A4||Medley: Jack & Neal / California, Here I Come
Written-By [California, Here I Come Written By] – Al Jolson, Buddy De Sylva*, Joseph Meyer
|A5||A Sight For Sore Eyes|
Clarinet [Clarinet Solos], Soloist [Clarinet Solos] – Gene CiprianoWritten-By – Bob Alcivar, Tom Waits
- Copyright (c) – Lost Henry
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Lost Henry
- Manufactured By – Anti-
- Distributed By – Anti-
- Record Company – Epitaph
- Recorded At – Filmways/Heider Recording
- Mastered At – Elektra Sound Recorders
- Mastered At – Infrasonic Sound
- Published By – BMG
- Published By – Ballentine Stephen Music Publishing Co.
- Published By – Larry Spier Music LLC
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
- Pressed By – Independent Record Pressing
- Arranged By [Orchestra Arranged By], Conductor [Orchestra Conducted By] – Bob Alcivar
- Art Direction, Design – Glen Christensen
- Bass – Jim Hughart
- Coordinator [Orchestra Managers] – Edgar Lustgarten , Jim Robak
- Drums – Shelly Manne
- Engineer [2nd Engineer] – Geoff Howe
- Mastered By – Peter Lyman*
- Mastered By [Disc Mastering] – Terry Dunavan
- Music By, Lyrics By – Tom Waits (tracks: A1 to A5, B2 to B4)
- Photography By – George Hurrell
- Piano, Vocals – Tom Waits
- Producer, Engineer – Bones Howe
- Remastered By [Remastering Supervised By] – Karl Derfler, Brennan*, Waits*
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Saxophone Solos], Soloist [Tenor Saxophone Solos] – Frank Vicari
- Trumpet [Trumpet Solos], Soloist [Trumpet Solos] – Jack Sheldon
NotesIncludes a custom inner sleeve.
© & ℗ 1977, 2018 Lost Henry. Manufactured and distributed by Anti, a division of Epitaph
2798 W. Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90026
Every performance on this album was recorded simultaneously with the orchestra in the studio with no overdubbing or multi-tracking; and was mixed directly to the 2-track master tape as it was being performed.
Recorded July 28, August 2, 11, 12, 15, 1977; at Filmways/Heider Recording, Hollywood.
Original credit: Disc Mastering: Terry Dunavan, Elektra Sound Recorders, Los Angeles
Remastered version credit: Mastered by Peter Lyman at Infrasonic Recording
All songs BMG (ASCAP) Except "California, Here I Come" [...] Published by Ballentine Stephen Music Publishing Co, Larry Spier Music LLC & Warner Chappell Music Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 45778 75691 9
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, etched): 87569-1 A IRP LP
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, etched): 87569-1 B IRP LP
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|7E-1117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album, Spe)||Asylum Records||7E-1117||US||1977|
|87569-1TCL||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Cle)||Anti-||87569-1TCL||US||2018|
|ET-81117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (8-Trk, Album)||Asylum Records||ET-81117||US||1977|
|53 068, 7E 1117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album)||Asylum Records, Asylum Records||53 068, 7E 1117||Germany||1977|
|7559-60618-2||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (CD, Album, RE)||Elektra||7559-60618-2||UK & Europe||2000|