Open Mind is an album by French jazz fusion artist Jean-Luc Ponty, released in 1984. All songs by Jean-Luc Ponty. Watching Birds" – 4:57. Modern Times Blues" – 7:17. Orbital Encounters" – 5:14.
B1. Modern Times Blues.
Band Name Jean-Luc Ponty. Album Name Open Mind. Released date October 1984. Labels Polydor Atlantic Records Wounded Bird Records. Music StyleJazz Rock. Members owning this album3.
Track Listings: A1 Open Mind 8:05 A2 Solitude 6:05 A3 Watching Birds 4:57 B1 Modern Times Blues 7:17 B2 Orbital Encounters 5:14 B3 Intuition 7:40. Artist Name(s): Jean Luc Ponty. Producer(s): Jean Luc Ponty. Style: Classical, Jazz, Progressive. Formats: Compact Disc, Digital, Download, LP 33 1/3. Cover & Packge Design: Bob Defrin/Claudia Ponty.
Jean-Luc Ponty - Modern Times Blues. Watch & Download. Jean Luc Ponty-Open Minds. Open Mind (Special Dance Mix) - Jean-Luc Ponty. Jean-Luc Ponty - Open Mind. Jean-Luc Ponty - Topic. Jean-Luc Ponty - Watching Birds. Jean-Luc Ponty - Tchokola (Full Album). Jean Luc Ponty - Peace Crusadors.
Open Mind is a fusion music album recording by JEAN-LUC PONTY released in 1984 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Filed under Fusion By JEAN-LUC PONTY.
Retrieved 13 August 2011. 10. The Open Mind (band) – The Open Mind was an English psychedelic rock band formed in London, and active in the 1960s and 1970s. The band was formed in 1963 by four musicians from Putney, initially named The Apaches formed by Tim du Feu, Mike Brancaccio and Philip Fox and their friend Ray Nye. Nye left in 1965 and another friend, Terry Schindler, joined instead. The band became The Drag Set, who released a single in February 1967, Day. Shortly thereafter, they changed their name to The Open Mind, the band, however, is best known for its druggy August 1969 single, Magic Potion, which did not.
1) Open Mind: Jean-Luc with his colleague Chick Corea (what a pa. .) plays the opening track with some Latin-music chromatic, thanks to Chick. 2) Solitude: A really atmospheric proposal. JPL is plays his violectra and grand piano perfect (as usual). In general this album is good. Possibly, this is not the Jean-Luc Ponty that we knew from "Aurora" (75) or "Imaginary Voyage" (76). His new scheme is a little softer but it's growing in sophistication and elegance. I'd recommend this album just for jazzy ears. greenback SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
Unlike many longformed song-orientated fusion albums Jean-Luc Ponty places one memorable,even catchy musical ideas into every tune on his electric violin. And the overall is the warmest and most captivating use of electronics this side of Les McCann and Stevie Wonder!And on "Watching Birds" and the highly soulful "Modern Time Blues" Ponty brings out the best in Chick Corea.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Open Mind (Special Dance Mix)
Edited By, Remix [Special Dance Mix] – Mark Berry
|B||Open Mind (Edited Version)||4:19|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company
- Produced For – J.L.P. Productions, Inc.
- Published By – YTNOP Music
- Composed By, Orchestrated By, Producer – J.L. Ponty*
- Violin [Electric Violin], Synthesizer, Sequenced By, Drum Programming [Rhythm Computer] – Jean-Luc Ponty
NotesThis is an Allied Record pressing. Another pressing was made by Specialty Records.
Taken from Album Produced by J.L. Ponty - for J.L.P. Productons - "OPEN MIND" / Atlantic 80185
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): STDM-47280-2 [Allied Record logo] B-20506-2 SLM Δ 8587 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): STDM-47281-2 [Allied Record logo] B-20507-2 SLM Δ 8587-X 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): ST-DM-47280-AR
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): ST-DM-47281-AR
|DMD 801||Jean-Luc Ponty||Open Mind (12", Promo)||Atlantic||DMD 801||US||1984|
|0-86912||Jean-Luc Ponty||Open Mind (12")||Atlantic||0-86912||US||1984|
|PR 673||Jean-Luc Ponty||Open Mind (7", Promo)||Atlantic||PR 673||US||1984|