Out of Exile is the second studio album by American rock supergroup Audioslave. It was released on May 23, 2005 internationally and a day later in the United States, by Epic Records and Interscope Records. It is the band's only album to chart at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. Four singles were released from the album, which were "Be Yourself", "Your Time Has Come", "Doesn't Remind Me", and "Out of Exile"
The title track off of Audioslave’s second album was produced by the legendary Rick Rubin. According to the Revelations bonus DVD and an interview with Yahoo Music, Chris Cornell said that the lyrics were written during his wife Vicky’s pregnancy with their first child. Coming from a failed first marriage and problems with alcohol to being in an amazing relationship with a new child on the way kept him positive and in great spirits. He felt a renewed hope that brought him out of exile. Out Of Exile" Track Info.
Elsewhere, though, Out Of Exile dropped heavy hints that Audioslave were eager to stretch sonically. In the wake of their trailblazing Cuban trip, Out Of Exile was released and shot straight to the top of the Billboard 200. The album’s signature hit, ‘Be Yourself’, cracked the US Top 40 while the record went on to score another platinum disc for the band. Further accolades rolled in as 2005 played out, with Cornell and company securing a slot at the globally-televised Live 8 concert in Berlin, in July, followed by their first North American arena tour and the release of the widely-acclaimed Live In Cuba DVD.
Band Name Audioslave. Album Name Out of Exile. Data de aparición Mayo 2005. Estilo MusicalFusion. Miembros poseen este álbum144. 1. Your Time Has Come. 4. Doesn't Remind Me.
Formato: CD, Album, Sony DADC. Lançado: Genre: Rock. Out Of Exile (UK Version) (13xFile, AAC, Album, 256).
Fresh out of exile, Chris Cornell is trying to re-adjust to the real world. Cornell has one problem, though: He only communicates using Audioslave lyrics: Chris Cornell at the eye doctor: Eye Doctor: So what's wrong, Mr. Cornell?
|1||Your Time Has Come||4:15|
|2||Out Of Exile||4:51|
|4||Doesn't Remind Me||4:15|
|5||Drown Me Slowly||3:53|
|8||Man Or Animal||3:53|
|9||Yesterday To Tomorrow||4:33|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Interscope Records
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Interscope Records
- Manufactured By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp.
- Distributed By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp.
- Record Company – The Firm
- Recorded At – Cello Studios
- Recorded At – Akademie Mathematique of Philosophical Sound Research
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Mixed At – Southern Tracks
- Mastered At – Marcussen Mastering
- Copyright (c) – Disappearing One Music
- Copyright (c) – EMI April Music Inc.
- Copyright (c) – LBV Songs
- Copyright (c) – Melee Savvy Music
- Copyright (c) – ME3 Publishing
- Art Direction – Robert Fisher
- Bass – Tim Commerford
- Coordinator [Album Production Coordinator / Wrangler] – Lindsay Chase
- Cover [Album Cover] – Antony Nagelmann
- Drums – Brad Wilk
- Engineer [Additional Engineering By] – Billy Bowers
- Guitar [Guitars] – Tom Morello
- Legal [At Ziffren, Brittenham, Branca, Fischer, Gilbert-Lurie And Stiffelman] – Jamie Young, John Branca
- Legal [At] – Ziffren, Brittenham, Branca, Fischer, Gilbert-Lurie and Stiffelman
- Lyrics By – Chris Cornell
- Management [At The Firm] – Daniel Field, Jeff Kwatinetz
- Management [At] – The Firm
- Management [Business Management, At Gudvi, Sussman And Oppenheim] – Wayne Kamemoto
- Management [Business Management, At] – Gudvi, Sussman and Oppenheim*
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Brendan O'Brien
- Photography By – Ethan Russell
- Producer [Produced By] – Audioslave, Rick Rubin
- Recorded By – Brian Virtue, Jim Scott, Thom Russo
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Bill Mimes*, Dan Leffler, Jason Gossman, Jonny Polonsky
- Vocals – Chris Cornell
- Written-By, Arranged By – Audioslave
NotesRecorded at Cello Studios, Hollywood, CA, Akademie Mathematique Of Philosophical Sound Research, Los Angeles, CA, and Sunset Sound, Los Angeles, CA.
Mixed at Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles, CA and Southern Tracks, Atlanta, GA.
Mastered at Marcussen Mastering.
© Disappearing One Music / EMI April Music Inc. (ASCAP) / LBV Songs (BMI) / Melee Savvy Music (BMI) / ME3 Publishing (BMI)
All sounds made by Guitar, Bass Drums and Vocals.
℗ © 2005 Interscope Records and Sony BMG Music Entertainment.
Packaging: Jewel Case
Total Playing Time: 53 mins, 43 secs
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 02498 81563 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 602498815632
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): B000460302 3N 2
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L250
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): B000460302 3N 12
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L250
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): B000460302 3N 22
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): B000460302 3N 25
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): B000460302 1J 16
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI L239
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): B000460302 1J 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI L239
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 7): B000460302 1J 11
- Mould SID Code (Variant 7): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 8): B000460302 3N 21
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 8): IFPI L250
- Mould SID Code (Variant 8): IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 9): B000460302 1J 12
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 9): IFPI L239
- Mould SID Code (Variant 9): IFPI 4121
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|none||Audioslave||Out Of Exile (UK Version) (13xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Polydor||none||UK||2005|
|988 246-8||Audioslave||Out Of Exile (CD, Album)||Polydor||988 246-8||UK & Ireland||2005|
|0602498815632||Audioslave||Out Of Exile (CD, Album)||Interscope Records, Epic||0602498815632||Europe||2005|
|0602498815632||Audioslave||Out Of Exile (CD, Album + DVD-V)||Interscope Records, Epic||0602498815632||Europe||2005|
|B0004603-02||Audioslave||Out Of Exile (CD, Album, Club)||Epic, Interscope Records||B0004603-02||US||2005|
|1||Out Of Exile (LP Version)||4:48|