Complete your Mirella Freni ~ Renata Scotto collection.
Shop Mirella Freni - Renata Scotto's In duet LP for sale by chapoultepek69 at . 0 € on CDandLP - Ref:115062453. All fields Artist Title Artist + Title Label Seller Item Select a specific format: All formats Album CD CD Album CD Single CD Maxi Vinyl records LP 7 inchs 7 inchs (SP) 7 inchs (EP) 12 inchs 78 rpm 10 inchs DVD VHS Tape Clothing T-Shirt Others. Home Classical Opera. mirella freni - renata scottomirella freni - In duet. 0 € - 15% . 0 €. deactivated item.
Tchaikovsky: Eugene Onegin, Op. 24, TH 5 (Live). Listen to Mirella Freni - Renata Scotto: In Duet now. Listen to Mirella Freni - Renata Scotto: In Duet in full in the this site app.
As a fan of both Renata Scotto and Mirella Freni, this re-release of a most delightful album is most welcome. In Nozze di Figaro Scotto is the Countess and Freni Susanna although I think I'd prefer it the opposite way. Scotto was singing Norma (receiving little acclaim) those years but the second act included here is the most congenial for her. Although not a seasoned bel canto soprano, Freni rises to the challenges excitingly, if not always precicely but again makes me wonder why they don't let more lyric sopranos sing Adalgisa. All in all, a charming souvenir of the 70s. It's quite cheap so if you're bored one day, get it and listen to something different.
Mirella Freni - Renata Scotto: In Duet. Mirella Freni - The first Recitals. Mirella Freni - Renata Scotto: In Duet.
Mirella Freni – soprano Renata Scotto – soprano Janice Alford – mezzo-soprano National Philharmonic Orchestra Leone Magiera – conductor (1-3) Lorenzo Anselmi – conductor (4). Admirers of Scotto will note that this version of the Norma/Adalgisa duet (the whole scene from the prelude on) was recorded a full year before Scotto contributed to the complete set of Norma under James Levine, issued last summer (CBS 79327, 7/80)
che soave zefiretto"". By Saverio Mercadante - Mirella Freni, Renata Scotto, National Philharmonic Orchestra & Leone Magiera. By Vincenzo Bellini - Mirella Freni, Renata Scotto, National Philharmonic Orchestra & Leone Magiera.
Mirella Freni is the textbook example of a lyric soprano who expanded wisely to the spinto roles, conserving her voice so that even in her sixties she still possessed enough vocal freshness and bloom. The granddaughter of Valentina Bartomesi, Freni was a child prodigy, singing "Sempre libera" in her first public performance at the age of ten. At 12, she made her broadcast debut singing "Un bel di" in a radio competition
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Leggio Già Nel Vostro Cor
Composed By – Mercadante*Conductor – Leone MagieraVocals [Bianca] – Renata ScottoVocals [Elvira] – Mirella Freni
|A2||Ove Son? Che M'Avvene?... Sorgi, O Padre
Composed By – Bellini*Conductor – Leone MagieraVocals [Bianca] – Mirella FreniVocals [Eloisa] – Renata Scotto
|A3||Cosa Mi Narri... Sull'Aria
Composed By – Mozart*Conductor – Leone MagieraVocals [Countess] – Renata ScottoVocals [Susanna] – Mirella Freni
|B||Dormono Entrambi... Mira, O Norma... Si, Fino All'Ore
Composed By – Bellini*Conductor – Lorenzo AnselmiVocals [Adalgisa] – Mirella FreniVocals [Clotilde] – Janice AlfordVocals [Norma] – Renata Scotto
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Copyright (c) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Printed By – Senol Printing Ltd.
- Printed By – Robert Stace
- Recorded At – Walthamstow Assembly Hall
- Artwork – The Artifex Studio
- Engineer – Colin Moorfoot, John Pellowe
- Liner Notes [English] – Julian Budden
- Liner Notes [Libretto Translation in English] – Avril Bardoni
- Liner Notes [Libretto Translation in German] – Jeanne Henny
- Liner Notes [Libretto Trnslation in French] – Gery Bramall
- Liner Notes [translated into French] – H. D'Orgeval
- Liner Notes [translated into German] – G. Bramall*
- Orchestra – National Philharmonic Orchestra
- Photography By – Clive Barda
- Producer – Christopher Raeburn
- Soprano Vocals – Mirella Freni, Renata Scotto
NotesMade in Holland, Mastered by Decca Recordings Studios UK.
Recorded July 1978 in Walthamstow Town Hall.
Liner notes in English, French & German.
A1 from "Le due illustri rivali"
A2 from "Bianca e Fernando"
A3 from "Le nozze di Figaro"
B from "Norma"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): ZAL 16648 131 2V
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): ZAL 16649 2G ED 1 11
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): ZAL 16648
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): ZAL 16649
|KSXC 6970||Mirella Freni ~ Renata Scotto||Mirella Freni ~ Renata Scotto - In Duet (Cass, Album)||Decca||KSXC 6970||UK & Europe||1981|
|OS26652||Mirella Freni, Renata Scotto||Mirella Freni, Renata Scotto - Duets From Mozart - Mercadante - Bellini (LP, Album)||London Records||OS26652||US||1980|