Four years later, Jeff Hart and the Ruins have really perfected the medium, with a batch of zippy tunes that bring back memories of when it seemed that Southern pop was taking over; when . and the dB's, or Love Tractor and Pylon, or Let's Active and Oh OK were invading New York almost every week.
Jeff Hart & The Ruins - Glances From A Nervous Groom (CD, Album). Bombay Records (4). ABR-002. Jeff Hart - Ghosts Of The Old North State (CD, Album).
Jeff Hart and the Ruins were a four-piece Americana and al. ountry-styled power pop band composed of Jeff Hart (musician), Brian Yamamoto, Symen Blumenfeld and John Flowers. After 23 years under that name, they became Jefferson Hart & The Ghosts of the Old North State in January 2013. Jeff Hart and the Ruins was formed in January 1990 by Jeff Hart, along with bassist Chip Robinson and drummer John Flowers.
Glances From a Nervous Groom. Following the departure of Robinson and Flowers in 1991, numerous members (notably Dave Bartholomew of Tres Chicas and Danny Kurtz of Whiskeytown and The Backsliders) filled their roles in the short term. Beginning in 1994, a core lineup of Brian Yamamoto on guitar and vocals, Glenn Jones on bass and vocals and Bryan Sodemann on drums and vocals held steady until 1996.
Album Title: Glances from a Nervous Groom. From Now On. Jeff Hart and the Ruins. 3. If You Don't Want Me Now (I Don't Want You Ever). 5. Every Little Kindness. 6. Rise Above the Weather.
random thoughts on an irregular basis from jeff hart, a rock musician, songwriter and huge baseball fan from carrboro, north carolina. com" jeff hart & the ruins
See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. Page created – 24 April 2009.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||From Now On|
|3||If You Don't Want Me Now (I Don't Want You Ever)|
|5||Every Little Kindness|
|6||Rise Above The Weather|
|8||Undoubtedly (Lovesick Pt. 2)|
|9||She's Your Girl|
|10||Met Your Sister|
|13||Same Heart/Different Girl|
|14||Wasted On The Young|
|15||Top Of The Pops
Written-By – Ray Davies
|16||Ballad Of Mary Alice Abernathy|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jeff Hart
- Copyright (c) – Jeff Hart
- Copyright (c) – Ray Davies
- Recorded At – Duck-Kee Studios
- Glass Mastered At – American Multimedia, Inc.
- Art Direction – Brad Magner
- Bass, Backing Vocals, Arranged By [Vocal Arrangements], Other [Dry Martinis] – Glenn Jones
- Drums, Other [Beer & Brats] – Bryan Sodemann
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals, Other [Double Bok] – Brian Yamamoto
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Jeff Hart
- Mastered By, Sequenced By – Jeff Carroll
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Bob Ricker
- Photography By – Tony Pearce
- Photography By [Band Photo] – Tinka Deal
- Producer – Jeff*, The Ruins*, Jerry*
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Engineer – Jerry Kee
- Saxophone – Dave Youngman
- Written-By – Jeff Hart (tracks: 1 to 14, 16)
NotesAll songs © & ℗ by Jeff Hart, BMI except Track 15 © 1970 by Ray Davies.
Recorded February, March and May, 1995 at Duck Kee Studio #7, Raleigh, NC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: Mastered by AMI American Multimedia Inc. HCD-111-0001 G1 951008