Keep Your Eyes Ahead is the fourth album from Portland-based band The Helio Sequence. It was released on January 29, 2008 by Sub Pop Records. The track "You Can Come To Me" samples sound effects from Super Mario Bros. 3. The album peaked at on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. Can't Say No" – 3:32. The Captive Mind" – 3:34. You Can Come to Me" – 4:00. Shed Your Love" – 3:18. Keep Your Eyes Ahead" – 4:25. Back to This" – 3:34.
Album Keep Your Eyes Ahead. Keep Your Eyes Ahead The Helio Sequence. 2. Can’t Say No. The Captive Mind. 4. You Can Come to Me. 5. Shed Your Love. 6. Keep Your Eyes Ahead.
Tracklist: 1. Lately, 2. Can’t Say No, 3. The Captive Mind, 4. You Can Come To Me, 5. Shed Your Love, 6. Keep Your Eyes Ahead, 7. Back To This, 8. Hallelujah, 9. Broken Afternoon, 10. No Regrets. More albums from The Helio Sequence: Negotiations by The Helio Sequence. Love And Distance by The Helio Sequence. The Helio Sequence by The Helio Sequence. View all albums . About.
6. More By The Helio Sequence. See All. Negotiations (Bonus Track Version).
The album was a step forward for the Helio Sequence, but it was still a haphazard move, one that found Summers yelping and shouting in an attempt to deliver a memorable performance. The frontman had an even tougher time on the road, where a string of shows steadily whittled his voice down to a raspy fraction of its original power. Four years later, Summers appears to have regained the use of his pipes, and the band's fourth album, Keep Your Eyes Ahead, is another sonic jump.
Listen free to The Helio Sequence – Keep Your Eyes Ahead (Lately, Can't Say No and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Connect to this site.
On Keep Your Eyes Ahead, it seems as though they've finally put as much time into crafting the songwriting as they have perfecting their sonic palette. Make no mistake, guitarist Brandon Summers still makes use of a wide scope of guitar pedals and effects. This acoustic lead exploration lends the album a reflective moment that suits the sequencing perfectly. To see a band get to this level of confidence in the span of one album is truly inspiring.
|A2||Can't Say No|
|A3||The Captive Mind|
|A4||You Can Come To Me|
|A5||Shed Your Love|
|B1||Keep Your Eyes Ahead|
|B2||Back To This|
|C1||Turn The Page|
|C2||Up Against Time|
|C4||No Regrets (Electric)|
|D1||No Regrets (Keyboards)|
|D2||All Of These Things|
|D3||Almost Morning (Demo)|
|D4||Broken Afternoon (Solo)|
|D6||No Regrets (Acoustic)|
- Manufactured By – Record Technology Incorporated – 31223
- Lacquer Cut At – Sterling Sound
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sub Pop Records
- Copyright (c) – Sub Pop Records
- Artwork – Pavlina Honcova-Summers
- Drums – Benjamin Weikel
- Engineer – The Helio Sequence
- Guitar – Brandon Summers
- Keyboards – Benjamin Weikel
- Lacquer Cut By – JN-H*
- Lyrics By – Brandon Summers
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – The Helio Sequence
- Music By – The Helio Sequence
- Producer – The Helio Sequence
- Vocals – Brandon Summers
NotesLoser edition on blue vinyl in a gatefold jacket. Remastered with a full album of bonus tracks.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 98787 12731 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 098787127317
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, hand-etched): RE1-SP1273-A 31223.1... JN-H
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, hand-etched): RE1-SP1273-B 31223.2... JN-H
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, hand-etched): RE1-SP1273-C 31223.3... JN-H
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, hand-etched): RE1-SP1273-D 31223.4... JN-H
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, B, C & D runouts, stamped): STERLING
|SPCD 709||The Helio Sequence||Keep Your Eyes Ahead (CD, Album)||Sub Pop||SPCD 709||US||2008|
|SP 709||The Helio Sequence||Keep Your Eyes Ahead (LP, Album)||Sub Pop||SP 709||US||2008|
|SP 1273||The Helio Sequence||Keep Your Eyes Ahead (CD, Album, Dlx, RE, RM)||Sub Pop Records||SP 1273||US||2018|
|SP 1273||The Helio Sequence||Keep Your Eyes Ahead (2xLP, Album, Dlx, RE, RM)||Sub Pop||SP 1273||US||2018|