Home Town" is a song by the British new wave musician Joe Jackson. It was released on his 1986 album, Big World, and also was released as the follow-up to his politically-charged single, "Right and Wrong. Home Town," a song about the singer longing to return to his "home town," was written by Jackson as a nostalgic look-back on his childhood home of Portsmouth
David Ian "Joe" Jackson (born 11 August 1954) is an English musician and singer-songwriter. Having spent years of studying music and playing clubs, Jackson scored a hit with his first release, "Is She Really Going Out with Him?", in 1979. This was followed by a number of new wave singles before he moved to more jazz-inflected pop music and had a Top 10 hit in 1982 with "Steppin' Out". He has also composed classical music. He has recorded 19 studio albums and received 5 Grammy Award nominations.
music noteChords for Joe Jackson-Home Town. Joe Jackson - Nineteen Forever - Live in Sydney (11 of 17). Extract Chords. Joe Jackson - Real Men. Chords: Em.
Don't You Call Me Junior. Think About Me. Joe Jackson. It's Not Fun, It's Not a Hat.
Joe Jackson - vocals, keyboards, programming. Graham Maby - bass, vocals. Teddy Kumpel - guitar, vocals. Doug Yowell - drums, programming, vocals. Joe Jackson and Pat Dillett - producer. Patrick Dillett - mixing. Greg Calibi, Sterling Sound - mastering. Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia). 72. Dutch Albums (Album Top 100). 13. French Albums (SNEP).
Album: Two Rainy Nights: Live in the Northwest. Heyo! SONGLYRICS just got interactive. 7. Is She Really Going Out With Him? 8. Just Because.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – A&M Records Ltd.
- Published By – Pokazuka Ltd.
- Published By – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Roundabout Theatre
- Pressed By – PRS Ltd.
- Lacquer Cut At – Decca Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Trident Studios
- Drums – Gary Burke
- Engineer [Recording] – Michael Frondelli
- Guitar, Vocals – Vinnie Zummo
- Producer – David Kershenbaum
- Producer, Written-By, Vocals, Piano, Accordion – Joe Jackson
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout (Stamped) Side A): AM 324 A // 2 ▽ 420 D 1 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout (Stamped) Side B): AM 324 B // 1 ▽ 420 V 1 1 3
- Rights Society: MCPS/BIEM
|AM-2847||Joe Jackson||Home Town (7", Single)||A&M Records||AM-2847||US||1986|
|390 113-7||Joe Jackson||Home Town (7", Single)||A&M Records||390 113-7||Spain||1986|
|390 113-7||Joe Jackson||Home Town (7", Single)||A&M Records||390 113-7||France||1986|
|AMY 324||Joe Jackson||Home Town (12")||A&M Records||AMY 324||UK||1986|
|7Y3018||Joe Jackson||Home Town (7", Single, Promo)||A&M Records||7Y3018||Japan||1986|