The superb fiddler Richard Greene cut his teeth in Bill Monroe's Blue Grass Boys before moving on to more progressive endeavors. Sales Tax Toddle, his third album for Rebel, was recorded immediately after Monroe's death, so Greene deviates from his usual all-instrumental format to include five vocal numbers from the Monroe songbook with two other Monroe alumni assisting-Peter Rowan on vocals and rhythm guitar and Sonny Osborne on banjo.
The Grass Is Greener. Composer, Fiddle, Leader, Primary Artist. Richard Greene & The Grass Is Greener. Performer, Primary Artist.
Richard Greene is an American violinist. In addition to his 11 solo albums and his recordings with Seatrain, Muleskinner, and the Greene String Quartet, he has been featured as a performer on many albums by other artists. 1997: Sales Tax Toddle (Rebel) with The Grass Is Greener. 2001: Hands Across The Pond (self-released) with Beryl Marriott. 2006: Shufflin' (RGP Productions) with the Brothers Barton and Jeff Pekarek. 1980: Peter Rowan - Bluegrass Album (Better Days/Nippon Columbia). 1981: Tony Rice Unit - Mar West (Pastels). 1982: Toni Basil - Word of Mouth (Chrysalis) - violin on track 2, "Rock On".
Lyrics submitted by SongMeanings. Close By" as written by Robert Matthew Van Winkle Bill Monroe. Lyrics powered by LyricFind.
Listen to music from Richard Greene and The Grass Is Greener like Wolves A Howlin', On The Move & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Richard Greene and The Grass Is Greener. A new version of Last.
1. The Methodist Preacher. Listen to The Grass Is Greener in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|1||The Drunken Man's Dream||3:23|
|2||Along About Daybreak||3:26|
|3||Sales Tax Toddle||3:19|
|4||With Body And Soul||2:51|
|5||Done Gone Waltz||4:41|
|6||My Little Georgia Rose||2:46|
|7||I'll Be Sixteen Next Sunday||3:18|
|9||16 Days In Georgia||4:03|
|11||No One But My Darlin'||2:06|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rebel Records
- Copyright (c) – Rebel Records
- Banjo – Sonny Osborne (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8, 11), Tony Trischka (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12)
- Bass – Buell Neidlinger
- Featuring – Buell Neidlinger, Butch Baldassari, David Grier, Peter Rowan, Richard Greene, Sonny Osborne, Tony Trischka
- Fiddle – Richard Greene
- Guitar – David Grier (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12)
- Guitar, Vocals – Peter Rowan (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8, 11)
- Mandolin – Butch Baldassari
NotesRecorded October and November, 1996
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 32511 17372 0
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L007
- Matrix / Runout: REB-CD-1737 21667A 01%