The Fake Sound of Progress (stylized as ss) is the debut studio album by the Welsh rock band Lostprophets, originally released on 27 November 2000 through Visible Noise. The album would be released in 2001 by Columbia Records and was met with stronger sales numbers around the world. This is the only album to feature DJ Stepzak although he was only in the original version, and the first album to have Jamie Oliver although he was only in the remastered version.
The Lostprophets are a group of six twenty somethings from Pontypridd in Wales. Since their creation in 1997 they've made a big impact on the international scene. This album is a truely huge achievement considering it was originally recorded and put out by the band with their own effort. Colombia records picked the band up in 2000 and re-released the album. The standout point of this album is the musicianship. Lee and Mike have a great guitar combination . If you've heard the singles 'Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja' or 'The Fake Sound Of Progress' and you enjoyed them, this album is worth a definite listen.
The Fake Sound of Progress Lyrics.
Band Name Lostprophets. Album Name The Fake Sound of Progress. 版公司 Columbia Records Visible Noise Records. 1. Shinobi Versus Dragon Ninja. 2. The Fake Sound of Progress. 3. Five Is a Four Letter Word. 4. And She Told Me to Leave. 6. The Handsome Life of Swing. 7. A Thousand Apologies.
Lostprophets were an alternative rock band formed in Pontypridd, Wales in 1997. The band was founded by vocalist Ian Watkins and guitarist Mike Lewis. Lostprophets were an alternative rock band formed in Pontypridd, Wales in 1997.
Complete your Lostprophets collection. I guess sometimes you've got to separate the artist from the art, and I still enjoy listening to this album despite the utterly despicable acts of the monster Ian Watkins. Reply Notify me Helpful.
|1||Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja||2:47|
|2||The Fake Sound Of Progress||5:32|
|3||Five Is A Four Letter Word||4:24|
|4||...And She Told Me To Leave||5:55|
|6||The Handsome Life Of Swing||3:49|
|7||A Thousand Apologies||4:06|
|11||Ode To Summer||3:15|
- Recorded At – DEP International Studios
- Produced At – DEP International Studios
- Mixed At – Soundtrack Studios
- Mastered At – Sony Music Studios, New York City
- Published By – Schnozza Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Visible Noise Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Visible Noise Ltd
- Made By – Universal M & L, UK
- A&R [Columbia] – Gerard Babitts
- A&R [Visible Noise] – Julie Weir
- Design – Watkins*
- Management – Q Prime, Inc.*
- Mastered By – Vlado Meller
- Mixed By – Dan Sprigg*
- Mixed By [Additional] – Michael Barbiero
- Producer – Dan Sprigg*
- Producer [Additional Vocal Production] – Michael Barbiero
- Recorded By – Dan Sprigg*
- Technician [Assisted By] – Jamie Travers, Michael Scielzi
Notes(c) 2001 Visible Noise Limited. (p) 2001 Visible Noise Limited
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5017687611028
- Matrix / Runout: TORMENT10CD 02 5
- Matrix / Runout (Mould hub): MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M & L
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L135
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 04G6
|torment 5cd||Lostprophets||The Fake Sound Of Progress (CD, Album)||Visible Noise||torment 5cd||UK||2000|
|CK-85955||Lostprophets||The Fake Sound Of Progress (Mixed + Mastered) (CDr, Album, Promo)||Columbia||CK-85955||US||2001|
|5043602000||Lostprophets||The Fake Sound Of Progress (CD, Album)||Columbia||5043602000||Australia||2001|
|EICP-30||Lostprophets||The Fake Sound Of Progress (CD, Album)||Epic||EICP-30||Japan||2001|
|none||Lostprophets||The Fake Sound Of Progress (CDr, Album, Promo)||Columbia||none||UK||2001|